Here’s the complete step by step guide on how to jailbreak iPhone 3Gs (new bootrom) with Sn0wbreeze v1.7
Here’s what you need:
- Sn0wbreeze v1.7 for Windows
- iOS 3.1.2/4.0 downloaded
- Windows XP, Vista, or 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
3.1.2 already installed or 3.1.2 installed via SHSH blobs. <-- Broken blackra1n'd devices will work. (Especially if Spirit messed you up!).
* Payload Pwner-r3 for the 3GS.
* sn0wbreeze V1.7
* iBooty V1.3
* LibUSB (64-Bit users read carefully!!!)
!!! Important !!!: Create backup of your important data in you iPhone by syncing it with your PC via iTunes.
Here are the detailed steps posted by ih8sn0w. Make sure you follow then correctly.
STEP A : Installing LibUSB for iRecovery
Run this mini tool to detect your O/S + Arch. -- Windows + Arch. Detector
WARNING : IF LIBUSB IS NOT INSTALLED PROPERLY, YOUR USB MIGHT NO LONGER WORK!
Windows XP Users download this installer -- LibUSB Installer
Windows Vista/7 users RUNNING 32-Bit:
* Download the installer and run it in compatibility mode for Windows XP.
Once LibUSB is installed iRecovery should be able to function now.
STEP B : Pwning iBEC + iBoot
I : Download this easy tool here -- Payload Pwner-r3 for 3GS // It will help you create the payload + iBEC.
**SAVE THE PAYLOAD + iBEC WHERE iBooty is.**
STEP C : Making a Custom IPSW
I : Download sn0wbreeze V1.7 from here -- sn0wbreeze V1.7
II : USE EXPERT MODE!
III : In General, Checkmark "Disable NOR Flash" <-- THIS IS ESSENTIAL!!!!
IV : Build it. It will be on your Desktop.
**CUSTOM BOOT LOGOS THAT ARE MADE IN sn0wbreeze WILL NOT WORK ON NEW BOOTROMS!**
*Mac Users : PwnageTool does not have this option. I don't think it will ever be in there. Use a Windows Virtual Machine or friends PC to create your firmware.*
STEP D: iBooty Prep.
Most of you know of the utility "iBooty" that I made for Aki_nG.
It will work as long as you place all of the correct files there.
I : Download iBooty GUI here -- iBooty for 3GS and Extract it.
II : Extract your Custom IPSW created by sn0wbreeze with 7-Zip or another un-archiver.
III : Grab the kernelcache and bring it into the same folder as ibooty.
Also grab the iBEC from the folder "Firmware\dfu\iBEC.n88ap.RELEASE.dfu"
Aswell as DeviceTree from the folder "Firmware\all_flash\all_flash.n88ap.production\DeviceTree.n88ap"
* Rename your Kernel 4.0-Custom to "kernel.40"
* Rename your iBEC 4.0-Custom to "ibec.40"
* Rename your DeviceTree 4.0-Custom to "devtree.40"
Your folder should look like this :
- iboot.payload <-- Created with Payload Pwner.
- devtree.40 <-- Grabbed from Custom IPSW made by sn0wbreeze.
- ibec.40 <-- Grabbed from Custom IPSW made by sn0wbreeze.
- irecovery.exe <-- Comes with iBooty.
- readline5.dll <-- Comes with iBooty.
- iBooty.exe <-- Comes with iBooty.
- kernel.40 <-- Grab from Custom IPSW made by sn0wbreeze.
- sn0w.img3 <-- Comes with iBooty.
- wait.img3 <-- Comes with iBooty.
STEP E: Restoring to 4.0 + Booting
*MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON 3.1.2 WHEN DOING THIS*
I : Run iBooty and Select "Prepare Device for Custom Firmware". Run the Process and if you see the image, you can proceed!
II : Now open iTunes and restore to the custom ipsw.
***WHEN DONE, YOUR DEVICE WILL GO INTO RECOVERY MODE. IT WONT BOOT.***
STEP F : Booting
I : Just Re-Run iBooty and select "Boot It". If all goes well it will boot!
You may also want to read:
- Jailbreak iPod touch 1G, 2G firmware 3.1.3 with RedSn0w 0.9.4
- Download iPhone Firmware 3.1.3
- Jailbreak iPod touch 3.1.2 with Sn0wbreeze
- Download Sn0wbreeze for Windows