With over a 100 bug fixes and updates from the previous Firefox 3.6 Beta release, Mozilla has released Firefox 3.6 beta (revision 5) with an amazing addition of features, better compatibility and almost 70% of the Add-ons being upgraded by their respective authors for compatibility with the Firefox. The new update is more compatible with HTML5 which is sweeping across the industry.
Here’s a list of the updates in the new version:
- Support for the HTML5 File API
- A change to how third-party software integrates with Firefox to increase stability.
- The ability to run scripts asynchronously to speed up page load times.
- Users can now change their browser’s appearance with a single click, with built in support for Personas.
- Firefox 3.6 will alert users about out of date plugins to keep them safe.
- Open, native video can now be displayed full screen, and supports poster frames.
- Support for the WOFF font format.
- Support for new CSS, DOM and HTML5 web technologies.
Besides these updates, there is a long list of changes made specifically for the web developers.
If you still don’t have Firefox 3.6 beta then download it from here: