The dev-team has been working hard in updating their jailbreak tool for iPhone and iPod touch to support the updated firmware 3.1.3 which was released just a few days ago but contained no major updated and I have already argued against updating your iPhone or iPod touch (any model) to the new firmware. A lot of folks have already done and some of them are even stuck because they can no longer unlock their baseband.
Now you can do untethered Jailbreak of your iPhone 3G/3Gs running latest firmware 3.1.3 with "Spirit".
Here are some quick tips if you’re considering to jailbreak your iPhone (old bootrom) or iPod touch 1G, 2G and 3G (non MC):
- Make sure you make your backup before jailbreaking.
- If you have not downloaded 3.1.3 yet then you can try downloading from these high speed direct download links for firmware 3.1.4
- The process for jailbreaking is same as before. All you need is the PwnageTool and the updated OS 3.1.3. Here are the download links for firmware:
Here is the [torrent] link for the latest released PwnageTool 3.1.5. The torrent is so far healthy with 560 seeds and around 350 peers.
- Download iPhone Firmware 3.1.3
- Jailbreak iPod touch 1G, 2G firmware 3.1.3 with RedSn0w 0.9.4
- Direct Download links for firmware 3.1.3 for iPhone 2G, 3G and 3Gs
- Jailbreak iPod touch 3.1.2 with Sn0wbreeze
- Download Sn0wbreeze for Windows
Note: This is intended for informational purposes only. Do it at your own risk