The next version of Google’s OS for mobile devices, Android version 3.0 codenamed “Honey comb” is not expected to be released in a tablet until later this year but Google , first accidently, uploaded a teaser video of the awesomeness of Android 3.0 on YouTube and quickly pulled it off but that small duration was enough for some to record the video. Google has now officially released the video and a small description of it’s Android 3.0 on it’s blog.
There’s only one word that describes Android 3.0 Honeycomb: Stunning! It has been coded and designed from ground-up for Tablet computers which means all aspects of a Tablet, it’s mobility, battery, larger screen size then smart phones were kept in consideration while designing. Google has not released detailed specifications but what has been told is enough to get us all excited.
Google previewed the new Android today at CES (Consumer Electronics Show) at Las Vegas and this is what we should expect from Android 3.0:
- Totally new UI with virtual holographic view
- Improved and refined multi-tasking
- “Elegant” notifications
- Home screen customization with a 3D interface (just like you do on Windows 7!)
- Improved support for opening multiple tabs on Chrome and a new UI specifically made for mobile browsing for GMail.
- Support for private-browsing with “Incognito” mode.
What’s more awesome is:
- The support to make voice and video calls to any other device using Google Talk and
- 3D maps in Google Maps 5!
Without further a do, check out the preview video of Android 3.0 Honeycomb for yourself:
(via Google Mobile Blog)